You are going to read a sample of an IELTS Task 2 essay on Nuclear Power.
It is just one of the model essays used in my e-Course Video Pack MC3 Write IELTS Task 2 Essays
to illustrate the standard that needs to be reached for Band 7.
How many words do you think this essay has?
Remember IELTS specifies a minimum of 250 words to be written in approximately 40 minutes.
If your essay is too short YOU WILL BE PENALISED and lose precious marks!
IELTS examiners have marked so many essays that they can tell at first glance if an essay has the required number of words - 250!
Print lots of copies of this official writing answer sheet Task 2 IELTS.
Do your timed practice writing tests on this paper.
Be critical about your handwriting.
Could an examiner read EVERY word easily?
Get your friend or teacher to give you feedback on which words are difficult to read.
Handwriting is marked. It must be legible
Find the mistakes or weaknesses and make improvements to take this essay up to Band 8.
- Write down the arguments in bullet points.
- Add new arguments.
- Which cohesive devices have been used to link the writer's ideas?
- Which expressions are 'clumsy and imprecise' - you understand them but they could be expressed more clearly and concisely?
- Improve these sentences by rewriting them.
- Which words have been spelled incorrectly?
- What is the correct spelling?
- Add more collocations and precise vocabulary for the topic Nuclear Power.
Advanced English Step-By-Step!